Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of The Barley Sheaf Players!
We believe that Barley Sheaf is the most active and challenging group in the area. Our success as a community theater is directly proportional to the enthusiasm and participation of our members. We hope that you will take advantage of the many opportunities and functions available to you through membership.
How to Apply
You can become a member on-line or by mail.
Visit our Membership Pass page
and purchase the appropriate membership -- Adult, Teen or Youth. Once the purchase is made you will be emailed a special pass code to use whenever you wish, on-line or by calling our reservation line, to select your show dates and seats for any or all shows.
You can only purchase a membership on-line for the person who is signed in. Each member needs their own on-line account with us, linked to their own email address. If this is not possible, please become a member by mail.
Simply download the 2013-2014 Membership Form
and mail it to us, along with your payment.
Memberships in BSP are annual. The membership year runs from September through August and dues are pro-rated for new members.
Benefits of membership include:
- Free admission to all regular season shows (This excludes closing weekend performances. Holiday, Teen, and Children's shows are not part of the regular season and are also excluded).
- Subscription to our monthly newsletter, The HamPatter
- Eligibility to attend monthly Board of Directors meetings
- Eligibility to attend special social events planned by our Social & Morale Committee.
- Invitation to our annual Awards Banquet
- Participation in our One-Act Play Festival
- Eligibility to vote at General Membership Meetings (where we choose shows for the next season, elect the Board of Directors, etc.)
Membership Requirements & Participation
We encourage our members to be active in all phases of community theater. Along with the privileges of membership, we also have a duty to keep the theater alive by our participation. Your membership requires that you be active in some aspect in at least one show per year. However, we hope you will enjoy us so much that you'll be willing to do more!
Some of the duties around the theater with which we can always use help include House Management, Box Office, Ushering, Theater Clean-Ups, Costume Construction, Set Construction, Makeup, etc. If you are not familiar with these areas, don't worry! There are plenty of people willing to take the time to help you. Discover all of the hidden talents that you possess!